Chiffon Layer Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Classic White Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT egg whites until foamy in small bowl. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar until thick and glossy but not stiff. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl and beaters as needed. Fold beaten egg whites into batter until well-blended, about 1 minute. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 20 minutes on cooling rack before removing from pans.
- FROST cooled cake with Buttery Cream Frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 80g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 63g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.