Chocolate Almond Bars
Topped with light drizzle of chocolate, these delicious bars are perfect for festive cookie trays or made as everyday lunchbox treats.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- MELT 1 cup chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in medium saucepan. Cool slightly. Beat in egg. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Spread over partially baked crust.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until set. Cool.
- MELT remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with shortening in small saucepan. Drizzle over bars. Chill 10 minutes or until set. Cut into bars.
- TIP *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.