Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped into small pieces
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- BLEND cake mix, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until evenly moistened. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat two baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough in half on lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a 14 x 1 1/2-inch loaf. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly firm. Cool 5 minutes. With sharp serrated knife, cut loaves on a diagonal into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place cut side down on same baking sheets.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes longer or until crisp, turning halfway through baking time. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- PLACE remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in 1-quart heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when kneaded. Cut off small bottom corner of bag. Drizzle lightly over biscotti. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscotti of 24), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.