Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 165 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Sift together cake flour, 3/4 cup sugar and cocoa.
- BEAT egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high speed after each addition. Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- FOLD flour mixture into egg mixture, 1/3 at a time. Continue folding until flour disappears. Fold in vanilla. Pour into 10-inch tube pan with removeable bottom.
- BAKE 33 to 38 minutes or until lightly browned and top springs back when touched. Invert pan over funnel or until completely cooled. Run sharp knife around edge before removing cake from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, place topping into corner of small resealable bag. Cut small corner off bag. Drizzle over top of cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 5), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.