Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix, (do not prepare according to package directions)
- 1 cup toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Add cake mix gradually at low speed. Mix until well blended. Stir in cereal, butterscotch chips, chocolate chunks, chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until well blended.
- SHAPE dough into 1 1⁄4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Shape sides to form circle, if necessary.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.