Chocolate Carmelita Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 34 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups oats, (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE oats, 1 1⁄2 cups flour, brown sugar, shortening, water, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir with spoon until well blended. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining into bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Remove pan to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- SPRINKLE with nuts and chocolate chips.
- COMBINE caramel topping and remaining 1⁄4 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate chips to within 1⁄4 inch of pan edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- RETURN to oven. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen from sides of pan with knife. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool. Cool completely.
- CUT into bars about 2 x 1 1⁄2 inches.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.