Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Fancies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 31/2 -4 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) white baking chips
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red candied cherries
- OR 1/2 cup well-drained, chopped maraschino cherries
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in white baking chips, chocolate chips, almonds and cherries by hand.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.