Chocolate Cherry Turnovers
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 turnovers
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 double crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Line 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Divide in half. Roll each half to 1/16-inch thickness. Cut four 5 1/4-inch circles from each half, rerolling dough as needed.
- STIR together preserves and cornstarch in small bowl. Spoon about 1 tablespoon in center of each dough circle. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips. Moisten edges with water. Fold in half over filling. Press with fork to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet. Prick tops with fork to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 turnover of 8), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.