Chocolate Chip Almond Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; add to shortening mixture; mix well. Add oats; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds by hand.
- DROP dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; transfer to cooling racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.