Chocolate Chip Alphabet Cookies
- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- SPOON flour lightly into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt; blend well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes for easier handling.
- ROLL dough on lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands into 7-inch ropes about 3/4-inch in diameter. Place on ungreased cookie sheets; shape ropes into letters. To make letters the same size, add or pinch off small pieces of dough.
- BAKE 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening in small saucepan. Melt over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle in striped pattern over cooled cookies.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- No change.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.