Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (7 oz.) packages Hungry Jack® Easy Pack™ Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- OR 3 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Chocolate Chip Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
CAFE LATTE FROSTING
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting, *
- 2 tablespoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 2 teaspoons hot tap water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray.
- BEAT eggs, mashed bananas, water, oil and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until blended. Add pancake mixes, pudding mix and brown sugar. Beat 1 minute or until smooth. Divide evenly in prepared cake pans.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Cafe Latte Frosting: STIR frosting in medium bowl until smooth. Dissolve coffee crystals and water in small bowl. Stir into frosting until completely blended.
- PLACE one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat with second layer. Place third layer on top. Spread sides and top with remaining frosting. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips along top edge of cake.
- TIP * Two cans of frosting are needed to have the 2 1/2 cups frosting for the recipe, using about 1 1/2 cans.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 520 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 3.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 54g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.