Chocolate Chip Chewies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup oats (quick), uncooked
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut with spoon. Stir in chocolate chips until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.