Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 600 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
ICE CREAM LAYER
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, chilled
- 1 (14 oz.) can Magnolia® Sweetened Condensed Milk, chilled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- Decorative candy bits or decors (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Chill beaters and large bowl. Line 8-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray and set aside for cake batter.
- COMBINE heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in chilled bowl. Beat with chilled beaters 4 to 5 minutes or until soft peaks form. Cover and freeze 1 1/2 hours or until partially frozen. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon into pan lined with plastic wrap. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours.
- PREPARE and bake two cake layers according to package directions using the oil, water and eggs. Cool completely.
- PLACE one cake layer on serving platter. Invert ice cream layer onto cake layer. Remove plastic wrap. Top with second cake layer. Quickly spread top and sides of cake and ice cream layer with frosting. Return to freezer if necessary to firm ice cream layer. Freeze frosted cake until serving time. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Decorate top of cake as desired with candy bits or decors.
Magnolia is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 730 (Calories from Fat 370), Total Fat 42g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 87g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 64g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.