Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 10 sandwiches
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pints ice cream, any flavor
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- MEASURE 1/4 cup dough; shape into ball. Repeat with remaining dough. Place balls 4 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten balls into 3-inch circles.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- REMOVE ice cream from freezer to soften slightly. Measure 1/2 cup ice cream; spread onto bottom of one cookie. Cover with flat side of second cookie. Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap. Place in freezer. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- TIP Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches should be eaten within two days. After two days, cookies will absorb moisture and become soggy. If longer storage is needed, make and freeze cookies, but assemble ice cream sandwiches within two days of serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 48g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.