Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 teaspoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture at low speed until smooth.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Stir 1/3 cup chocolate chips into one half. Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Stir melted chocolate and remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips into other half of dough. Press together 1 teaspoon of each dough to form 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
- For Drizzle: MELT 1/3 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon shortening over very low heat. Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.