Chocolate Chip Pecan Squares
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 squares
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, egg, milk, salt and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- MIX in flour at low speed. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts. Spread in pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Wait 5 minutes, or until chips soften. Spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nuts over top, if desired. Cool in pan on cooling rack. Cut into 2 x 2-inch squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 16g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.