Chocolate Chip Scones with Banana Curd
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Dickinson's® Banana Curd
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR flour, salt and baking powder together in medium bowl. Cut in butter using pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar, chocolate chips and milk. Mix to form soft dough. Turn onto floured surface. Knead quickly, then roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- CUT 12 rounds with 2 1/2-inch cutter. Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until scones are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- STIR together banana curd and yogurt in small bowl. Serve with warm scones.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 scone of 12), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.