Chocolate Chip Squares
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 16 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and brown sugar in medium bowl. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared baking pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.