Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package toffee baking bits, divided
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, mixing well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts. Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over partially baked crust. Reserve 1/4 cup toffee bits. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over layer in pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over top.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.