Chocolate Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 37 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 32 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz) bottle Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- BROWNIES: HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND shortening and sugar in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in chocolate syrup, flour and salt. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 32 to 37 minutes. Cool completely.
- FROSTING: PLACE chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Combine powdered sugar, salt, melted chocolate, shortening and vanilla in mixing bowl. Slowly blend in milk to desired consistency. Beat on high 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Spread cooled brownies with frosting. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie, 1/32 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.