Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, eggs, chocolate syrup, sour cream and vanilla in large bowl. Add flour, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until blended, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over cake or frost as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.