Chocolate Cookie Mice
- Prep Time: 95 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red or black string licorice, cut into 2-inch pieces
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Beat sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- PINCH one end of ball to form mouse nose. For ears, make two tiny balls of dough and flatten slightly; gently press into dough on upper front of each mouse body. For eyes, press 2 miniature chocolate chips into dough below ears. Place shaped cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 13 minutes or until set. For mouse tails, immediately place piece of licorice into rounded end of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE flour to 2 1/2 cups. Bake as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.