Chocolate Crackled Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- BEAT sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat until fluffy.
- STIR together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at medium speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.