Chocolate Drizzled Almond Biscotti
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 32 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 28 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- OR 1/4 cup regular pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 8 ounces white baking chips
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and almond extract. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Stir in almonds.
- DIVIDE dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, shape each half of dough into a log 2 1/2 inches wide, 1-inch high and 9-inches long. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BAKE logs 22 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes on baking sheets. With a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1-inch wide slices. Carefully place cookies on their sides on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
- PLACE white baking chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat at 30 second intervals until melted. Place biscotti on sheets of waxed paper. Dip a fork into the melted chips; with a quick back and forth motion, drizzle across the biscotti. Let stand on waxed paper until drizzle has completely set.
- TIP Spray measuring cup with Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray before measuring sticky ingredients like corn syrup. Spray the serrated knife before slicing the biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/28), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.