Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cake
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 2/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shaved bittersweet chocolate
- For Cake: HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 3, 8-inch round cake pans with baking spray with flour. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Beat in peanut butter until smooth.
- BAKE for 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: BEAT peanut butter, shortening and butter in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and milk. Mix slowly until combined. Beat on high for 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- LEVEL cake layers by trimming rounded tops if necessary. Place one cake layer on cake plate, top side down. Spread with 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with another cake layer, top side down. Spread with remaining 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Gently press peanuts onto sides of cake. Sprinkle shaved chocolate over top of cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 43g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.