Chocolate Flan Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 120 min
- Ready Time: 480 min
- Yield: 18 to 20 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12 fl.oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place piece of rolled up foil in tube of pan to prevent cake from baking over top. Pour caramel topping into prepared pan.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil and eggs. Pour evenly over caramel topping.
- COMBINE cream cheese, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla in blender container. Process until blended. Pour slowly over cake batter. Note: While baking, the cake rises and the milk mixture goes to the bottom.
- COAT piece of foil with no-stick cooking spray. Cover pan, coated side down, tightly with foil. Place pan in large roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to a depth of 2 inches.
- BAKE 2 hours or until toothpick in center still has a few moist crumbs. Place cake on cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Remove foil and invert onto serving plate. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- TIP Be careful when inverting hot cake onto serving plate. Place plate upside down on top of pan, place another cooling rack on top, then invert.
Eagle Brand and PET are trademarks of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of cake), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.