- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 10 min
- Yield: 2 cups
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- PLACE chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, salt, melted chocolate, shortening and vanilla in mixing bowl. Slowly blend in milk to desired consistency. Beat on high 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- MOCHA FROSTING: FOLLOW the recipe above, substituting 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water for 1 tablespoon of milk.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.