- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 220 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 48 foil wrapped dark or milk chocolate candies, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening and molasses in large bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Beat until well mixed. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are firm. Immediately press a candy in center of each cookie. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets. Place on wire racks. Cool until candy is set, about 3 hours.
- TIP To cool cookies quickly, place in refrigerator until candy is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.