Chocolate Hazelnut and Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 24 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shaved bittersweet chocolate
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Beat in peanut butter until smooth. Divide batter evenly into baking cups.
- BAKE for 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: BEAT shortening, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix slowly until combined. Beat on high for 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- SPREAD 2 teaspoons hazelnut spread on each cupcake. Place frosting in decorator bag fitted with a star decorating tip (2A). Frost cupcakes by working in a circular motion moving towards center to build up frosting, creating a swirl effect, leaving chocolate exposed. Garnish with peanuts and shaved chocolate.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.