Chocolate Hazelnut Butterscotch Biscotti
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 40 slices
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch baking chips
- OR 1 1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1/4 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 2 tablespoons white baking chips
- For Biscotti: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat shortening, butter, sugar, chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- PLACE dough on lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Shape each half into 9 x 3-inch log. Place both logs 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until center is firm. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Transfer logs to cutting board. Cut logs, on the diagonal, into 1/2 inch slices. Place half on prepared baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Bake 15 minutes. Turn over. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until dry. Cool completely on wire rack. Repeat with remaining biscotti.
- For Glaze: MICROWAVE chocolate hazelnut spread and white chips in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled biscotti. Chill 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 40 slices), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.