Chocolate Hazelnut-Filled Whoopie Pies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 18 whoopie pies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- OR 2/3 cup Jif® Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1 1/3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Unsweetened cocoa powder and/or powdered sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Drop batter using a medium scoop (2 tablespoons) onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BLEND hazelnut spread and whipped topping in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Place half of pies flat side up. Spread evenly with filling mixture. Top with remaining pies, rounded side up. Sprinkle tops with cocoa powder and/or powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 18 pies), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.