Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Instead of just making Chocolate Cake for that next birthday or celebration, make it a “Magic” Chocolate Ice Cream Cake that will delight kids of all sizes. It’s simple to create with an easy homemade ice cream layer made with EAGLE BRAND.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 540 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Frosting
- Tubes of decorating frosting
- PREPARE and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-inch round cake pans.
- LINE an 8-inch round baking pan with plastic wrap.
- COMBINE cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Beat 4 to 5 minutes with electric mixer or until soft peaks form. Cover and freeze 1 1/2 hours or until partially frozen. Gently fold in chips, if desired. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours, or until firm.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on serving platter. Invert ice cream onto cake layer; remove plastic wrap. Top with remaining cake layer.
- STIR enough milk into frosting to reach slightly soft spreading consistency. Quickly spread frosting over entire cake. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until serving time.
- REMOVE from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Decorate as desired with purchased frostings.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 89g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 70g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.