Chocolate Malted Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups malted milk balls, broken into large pieces*
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, malted milk powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to shortening mixture beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in malted milk ball pieces. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- TIP *Place malted milk balls in heavy resealable plastic bag. Break malted milk balls into pieces with rolling pin.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.