Chocolate-Mint Brownie Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) mint chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, water, vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- TIP Is your cocoa powder still good? Unsweetened cocoa powder can be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool, dark place for up to two years.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.