Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Chocolate Cookie Mix with Crushed Peppermint Candy
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Jif® Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flavored Spread
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine cookie mix, melted butter, egg and vanilla in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
- USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Use the back of a rounded measuring teaspoon, to make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are set. Remake rounded indentations in cookies. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- FILL 1-quart heavy-duty resealable plastic bag with chocolate spread. Cut a 1/4-inch corner off bottom of bag. Squeeze spread into indentations in center of cookies, starting at outside edge and swirling toward center of each cookie. Sprinkle evenly with crushed peppermint candy from cookie mix.
- TIP Substitute 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti Chocolate Cookie Mix with Candy Bits, if desired. Sprinkle baked, filled cookies with colorful candy bits from cookie mix or your own crushed peppermint candies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 72 cookies), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.