Chocolate Nut Slices
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) chopped white melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until blended. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Chill 1 hour.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into an 8 x 1-inch roll. Place rolls on wax paper. Pick up ends of wax paper and roll dough back and forth to get a nicely shaped roll. Place rolls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheet.
- COMBINE shortening and white chocolate in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle back and forth over cooled cookie rolls. Sprinkle with pecans before chocolate hardens. Cut diagonally into 1-inch slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.