Chocolate Orange Macadamia Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 oz.) bar dark chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup grated orange peel (2 to 3 medium oranges), spooned lightly into cup
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and orange extract.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
- STIR in dark chocolate pieces, milk chocolate chips, coconut, nuts and orange peel with spoon. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.