Chocolate Orange Torte
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 containers Pillsbury® Funfetti® Orange All Star™ Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE first layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting to edge, leaving sides unfrosted. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut rounded top off of second layer. Place on top of bottom frosted layer, rounded side down. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with third layer, rounded side up. Frost top of cake with 1 cup frosting.
- PLACE 1 cup frosting into heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Make swirls or rosettes around outside edge of cake to make a border. Place a decorator sprinkle on each rosette. Mark a star design on top of cake. Fill star with decorator sprinkles.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 49g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.