Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 (2.1 oz.) chocolate covered crisp peanut buttery candy bars*, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Gradually mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- STIR in chocolate chips and candy bars. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- TIP *Butterfinger candy bars were used in recipe testing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.