Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in microwave-safe dish. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes. Stir. Repeat until smooth. Cool slightly.
- BEAT sugar and shortening in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until blended and crumbly. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then salt and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Slowly mix in chocolate until well blended. Combine flour and baking soda. Add to chocolate mixture.
- SHAPE dough into 1 1⁄4-inch balls. Roll in chopped peanuts. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately press peanut butter cup down into center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- PLACE peanut butter in resealable food storage bag. Seal. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 10 seconds. Knead. Cut small tip off one corner of bag. Drizzle over cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.