Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cupcakes
Cara Sapida Turtle Creek, PA Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 95 min
- Yield: 18 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Reese's® peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Reese’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 18), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.