Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 15 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Supreme Collection™ Fudge Truffle Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet Fudge Filling Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup chopped peppermint candy
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread 2 cups batter evenly in prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese, brown sugar and water in small bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add filling mix and peppermint extract. Beat until smooth. Layer evenly on top of batter to within 1/2-inch of edge. Spread remaining batter on top.
- BAKE 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with frosting. Sprinkle with chopped candy.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 15), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 42g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.