Chocolate Praline Layer Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 whole pecans (optional)
- 16 chocolate curls (optional)
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Combine butter, 1/4 cup cream and brown sugar in small heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat just until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- PREPARE cake as directed, using water, oil, and eggs. Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- BAKE 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- BEAT 1 3/4 cups cream in small bowl until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- PLACE 1 layer on serving plate, praline side up. Spread with half of whipped cream. Top with second layer, praline side up; spread top with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with whole pecans and chocolate curls. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake package for directions. Immediately remove from pans.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.