Chocolate Raisin Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Soak raisins in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- BEAT shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to shortening mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by level tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Place on cooling racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.