Chocolate Raisin Walnut Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 6 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark raisins
- BEAT shortening, milk and vinegar in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed. Add hot water; mix well. Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture, mixing until dough forms. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- ROLL dough from center outward with steady pressure on a lightly floured work surface (or between two sheets of wax or parchment paper) into a 11-inch circle. Transfer dough to 9-inch pie plate by loosely rolling around rolling pin. Center the rolling pin over the pie plate, and then unroll, easing dough into pie plate. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired.
- SPRINKLE raisins evenly in bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over raisins. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until center is just set. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 53g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.