Chocolate Raspberry Treats
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 16 squares
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves (optional), for glaze
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar or 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- MELT chocolate and shortening in large suacepan over low heat, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup preserves, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
- SPREAD batter in prepared baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until firm but not dry.
- SPREAD 1/4 cup preserves carefully on top of the brownies while brownies are still warm, if desired. Let cool. Sprinkle cooled brownies with powdered sugar or coconut, if desired. Cut into squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/16 of recipe), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.