Chocolate Toffee Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) package toffee baking bits, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Line each pan with parchment paper.
- PREPARE cake as directed, using water, oil, sour cream and eggs. Reserve 1/3 cup toffee bits. Stir remaining toffee bits into batter. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes in pan. Remove cakes from pan to cooling rack. Remove parchment paper. Cool completely.
- HEAT butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Place chocolate in medium bowl and pour in butter. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted. Let stand until mixture thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- PLACE one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup frosting. Sprinkle with half the reserved toffee bits. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top, allowing to drip down sides. Garnish with remaining toffee bits.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.