Chocolate Yogurt Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat two 9-inch round pans with baking spray.
- PREPARE cake according to package directions. Add 1/2 cup plain yogurt to batter; mix until well blended. Pour into prepared pans. Bake according to package directions. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and shortening in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Transfer mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer; cool slightly. Blend in 2/3 cup yogurt, vanilla and salt. Beat in enough powdered sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread on cooled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 53g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.