Chocolatey Candy Bar Squares
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 65 min
- Yield: 36 bars
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16.6 oz.) package Pillsbury® Nut Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large bowl; mix well. Add vanilla and egg; blend until smooth. Add quick bread mix, contents of nut packet from mix, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and peanuts; mix well. Press mixture in ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Spread frosting over warm bars. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Cut into squares.
- CHOCOLATY BANANA CANDY BAR SQUARES: Substitute one 14-oz. pkg. Pillsbury® Banana Quick Bread & Muffin Mix.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- No change.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 36), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.