Cinnamon Buttermilk Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (17.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR quick mix in large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla in small bowl. Add to mix. Stir 50 to 75 strokes or until evenly moistened. Divide batter in half, about 1 1/2 cups. Reserve 1/4 cup cinnamon swirl mix. Stir remaining into one half of batter.
- PLACE 2 tablespoons cinnamon batter in each prepared muffin cup. Layer with 2 tablespoons plain batter, dividing the remaining batter evenly. Smooth top with spoon so that bottom layer is completely covered. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon reserved cinnamon swirl mix over each muffin.
- BAKE 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Move oven rack to within 6 inches of top heating element. Heat to Broil.
- STIR glaze packet and milk in small bowl until smooth and blended. Stir in coconut and pecans. Place 1 tablespoon on top of each muffin. Broil in oven 4 to 5 minutes or until coconut just begins to turn brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.